Quick Question: Did you eat breakfast this morning?
Of all the meals we eat, breakfast gets the least respect.
Here’s what I’m talking about:
1 – Breakfast is the most skipped meal. As many as 25% of us skip it every day!
2 – It’s often an afterthought – or even a problem! Because …
3 – When we do eat it, we want something that’s fast and requires no/little effort.
4 – And it’s even better if we can eat (or drink) our breakfast on the run.
The fact is, there are a LOT of studies investigating whether we even need to eat breakfast in the first place.
However, many of those studies have linked eating breakfast to being healthier.
People who eat breakfast tend to have:
● Lower levels of LDL (“bad”) cholesterol,
● Less risk of getting diabetes, heart disease, or being overweight.
● Better memory and concentration.
But the fact is, researchers don’t know whether all of that is caused by eating breakfast – or whether people who eat breakfast tend to have healthier habits.
Either way, that’s a solid enough reason to eat breakfast! It sets the tone for your entire day.
Remember: It’s the small things that we do every day that add up to big results.
What did YOU have for breakfast this morning!?
Recipe : Bacon and Egg Flatbread
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 3/4 cup warm water (105-110 degrees F)
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 3 thick slices Canadian bacon, cooked, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- shaved parmesan
- green onions, sliced for garnish
- Make the flat bread dough by stirring together the yeast with the sugar and water. Let stand for 5 minutes or until foamy. Combine yeast mixture with flour and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix until a rough dough forms. Switch to a dough hook and knead on medium-low speed for 3-4 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Lightly coat a bowl with oil. Transfer the dough to the bowl, cover with plastic and let rise in a warm area for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, prepare the toppings for the flat bread. Slice the mozzarella, chop the bacon and tomatoes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place a pizza pan in the oven while preheating.
- Punch down dough. Transfer to work surface and divide into 3 portions. Roll out each portion into a 9-inch circle. Carefully remove the pizza pan from the oven and lay the rolled dough on top. Spread the mozzarella in an even layer on the dough. Top with the bacon. Crack an egg in the center of the dough and bake in the oven for 5 minutes or until the crust is golden but the egg yolk is still runny. Remove flat bread from the oven and top with fresh tomatoes and shaved Parmesan. Garnish with sliced green onions. Repeat with remaining flat breads. Serve immediately.