Holiday Survival Guide: Tips for a Healthy Holiday Season
Let’s face it: it is hard to stick to a healthy eating and exercise plan during the holidays. Everywhere we turn there are tempting foods and drinks—from treats at office parties to our own traditional family favorites.
When you add in a busy schedule filled with shopping and get-together that make it tough to squeeze in exercise, you have a recipe for disaster as far as our scales are concerned.
The good news is that you really can get through the holidays without gaining weight. It will take some effort, but you will thank yourself a thousand times when January 1st rolls around and you have no regrets!
Since this is the time of year that most people’s goals take a back seat …
We’ve got a mini checklist to help you stay on track so you don’t feel like you need to start over again on Jan 1.
feeling ahead of all your goals when 2023 makes its grand entrance!
These 7 simple steps (that you can start doing RIGHT NOW) go a long way toward keeping your momentum up.
Keep Success Simple 7 steps And even better outcome :
you’ll feel AMAZING along the way
1. PREPARE! When your schedule is wonky or extra busy, it’s more important than ever to
2. PLAN AHEAD. Basically, it boils down to this: If you fly by the seat of your pants for the next few weeks, they might not zip up so easily by the end of the year! Plan your meals … block in your workouts … and make time for some self-
3. SKIP THE SUGAR & OTHER EMPTY CALORIES. This will get you off the blood sugar and junk food roller coaster. Your energy levels will stabilize and your digestive system will thank you, too.
Yes, you should enjoy the “worth it” treats over the holidays, but pass on the ones you don’t even really want — but would eat “because they are there.”
4. DON’T OVER-CAFFEINATE. A little caffeine will get you going, but too much will leave you feeling wired, anxious, and grouchy, plus it can give you headaches and stomachaches. PLUS: a few hours later it can make you even MORE tired and it can mess with your sleep. Speaking of which …
5. GET ENOUGH SLEEP. Make room in your schedule for a solid 7-8 hours of sleep every night! And then make your bedroom as restful as possible (dark, quiet, cool, etc.). This will keep your mood and energy up … and your appetite in check, since lack of sleep can do a real number on your hunger hormones.
6. BE ACTIVE. Sitting around all day can be a real energy zapper — and it can also lead to stiff and achy muscles. Get up and move throughout the day and schedule your workouts ahead of time.
7. HYDRATE! You already know this, but make it a point to get 8-11 glasses of water a DAY. Everything works better when you’re hydrated.
Put that list on repeat over the next couple of weeks or month and you’ll sail through the holidays feeling awesome.
If you want VALIDUS F|T to break down a simple step-by-step action plan to help you reach your goals to finish out 2022 STRONG and set yourself up for success in 2023, We are here to help guide you in the right direction. Contact us below for more details.